Tuesday 10 May 2011

Paris, Venice, Greece, Croatia

I leave tomorrow morning for Paris, where I will spend one night, then for Venice on Thursday morning, where I will spend two nights. Then I will meet up with Claudia on Saturday morning and we will embark on ou 8-day cruise along the coasts of Italy, Greece, and Croatia.

This is all assuming that Claudia can successfully get to Venice and they let her on the boat with her temporary visa. Because of course something had to go wrong in all this goodness! She lost her passport while in Spain and, being from Colombia, Europeans FREAK OUT enough as it is, and now without a passport and her visa in it, she's not even sure to be able to leave Spain!!

So I'm going to try to convince some Vichysois that I need a copy of her passport and visa (two different establishments will have photocopies on record, and I'll explain the whole story if I need to) and, along with what the French Embassy in Barcelona gave her, and these photocopies (and some pleading on her part) MAYBE she'll be allowed aboard. If not, then I have to decide if I'm going to just go back to Vichy and give up a TON of money (there's absolutely no refund this close to the embarkment date) or go on a cruise all my myself and feel sad and pathetic!

And the worst part is, there's not much I can do but wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment